Vacancy – Parish Clerk
Allington Parish Council seeks a person with an interest in the local community for the post of Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer to the Parish Council. The post is part-time, working hours vary from week to week but average around 5 hours per week. Salary is in accordance with nationally agreed scales.
The Clerk / RFO to the Parish Council is responsible for:
- Managing the Council’s day to day business
- Providing advice as the Council’s Proper Officer & Responsible Financial Officer
- Implementing Council decisions
The Clerk is required to attend all Parish Council meetings which are held at 7.30pm on the second Wednesday of the months: January, March, May, July, September and November. The clerk will also attend the Annual Parish Meeting held in April.
The Clerk will work from home and is custodian of the Parish’s records and files.
Applicants will need to be:
- computer literate – experienced in email, word processing and spreadsheet software
- able to prepare Council agendas, summons and invitations, record meetings and produce minutes
- familiar with small organisation book keeping, financial, budgeting and audit procedures
- prepare the Annual Budget
- confident in corresponding and dealing with external organisations on behalf of the Parish Council.
To register an interest in this role or for more information please email:
The Chairman / Clerk
Allington Parish Council
The start date for this post is negotiable.