The proposals to deliver a superfast broadband infrastructure to 90% of Lincolnshire by 2015 keep rolling forward. Latest estimates suggest that it will be possible to let contracts for the delivery of these services by the end of the year.
The final pre-tender consultation process has now been completed. The following was taken from the Onlincolnshire website prior to the consultation taking place.
Lincolnshire County Council is now consulting on plans to bring superfast broadband to 90% of the county by the end of 2015, with the remaining 10% guaranteed standard broadband.
This is a joint-project between the private and public sector, and will see around £57m invested in improving the county’s broadband infrastructure. Councillor Kelly Smith, Executive Member for Finance and HR, said:
“This is a chance for residents, local businesses, broadband suppliers and others to have their say on what we have planned.
Good broadband is vital for business growth, for all residents accessing services and for young people looking to download learning materials. That’s why the county council is investing £10m in this project, with a further £4m coming from the district authorities.
“Over the next few years we’ll make sure that 90 per cent of the county can get broadband that’s three to four times quicker than the current average speed for the UK. And the remaining 10 per cent will be guaranteed standard broadband, ensuring no one’s left behind as we move into the digital age.”
Although the consultation period is over it’s not too late to register your interest in Superfast broadband.
Have Your Say
There is still plenty of time to register your interest in superfast broadband. It’s like signing a petition – you are making no commitment at all, just expressing your wish that Allington should be receiving the type of services that other places take for granted. Go to Onlincolnshire to find out more and to put you name on the growing list of like minded people – over 100 now . Consultation now closed.